Family and Friends I thought it was time to get the word out on the blog......I am pregnant! Tomorrow I will be 13 weeks. Thomas and I are really excited to be parents. My due date is March 12th. I have managed to get through the first semester feeling good for the most part. Morning sickness never really got me strong and I have found sticking to my daily routine has been no problem. Emotionally there was a little bump in the road. I went in a couple weeks ago for a dating ultrasound to find out when my due date would be. My original date was March 4th based on my LMP. I knew I was not that far along. So at the ultrasound visit Thomas and I sat there excited to see our baby moving around for the first time, hear it's heartbeat, and see this precious little life. I was so happy and excited when suddenly a few moments later we were called back into the Doctor's office and she started the sentence, "Not to alarm you, but..." Panic set in and I am thinking but what! She proceeded in a few short words that my babies nucleal fold on the back of the neck appeared thickened and she wanted a specialist to look into this further as this can be a sign of Down Syndrome, heart defects, or other problems. I immediately teared up...how else was I suppose to respond. The Dr. just sat there and responded "oh sweety I don't mean to alarm you. Well what I am suppose to say. She then gave me the choice of who I should see and said she will contact them to contact me. Off I went in shock and tears streaming down my face. I began searching frantically on the internet about a thickening in the nucleal fold and what this meant. I then begin researching about Down Syndrome. I then began to talk to a few people and that was the best thing I ever did was actually talk to some people who were so great to comfort me and tell me stories of how their sister or someone they knew who went through the same thing and everything was alright. So after a week of emotional distress and then a week of a peaceful calm feeling I finally had my Doctors apt. yesterday. The specialist were great. They had good news for me too. They concluded from the ultrasound and the measurements they got from the nucleal fold were within normal range. The baby was in the high normal, but still normal range! They said if I was comfortable with that then I did not need to do any more testing. I said I was comfortable with their readings and did not want to do any more tests. They will have me back at 19 weeks to do a follow up ultrasound as the baby continues to develop. Thanks for those who have been praying for us and thinking of us at this time. Your thoughts and prayers have helped me emotionally feel at peace. Please continue to pray for us that I and the baby will continue to be well through the rest of the pregnancy. Thanks and much love-Kristin
Thursday, September 3, 2009
The official blog Announcement
Family and Friends I thought it was time to get the word out on the blog......I am pregnant! Tomorrow I will be 13 weeks. Thomas and I are really excited to be parents. My due date is March 12th. I have managed to get through the first semester feeling good for the most part. Morning sickness never really got me strong and I have found sticking to my daily routine has been no problem. Emotionally there was a little bump in the road. I went in a couple weeks ago for a dating ultrasound to find out when my due date would be. My original date was March 4th based on my LMP. I knew I was not that far along. So at the ultrasound visit Thomas and I sat there excited to see our baby moving around for the first time, hear it's heartbeat, and see this precious little life. I was so happy and excited when suddenly a few moments later we were called back into the Doctor's office and she started the sentence, "Not to alarm you, but..." Panic set in and I am thinking but what! She proceeded in a few short words that my babies nucleal fold on the back of the neck appeared thickened and she wanted a specialist to look into this further as this can be a sign of Down Syndrome, heart defects, or other problems. I immediately teared up...how else was I suppose to respond. The Dr. just sat there and responded "oh sweety I don't mean to alarm you. Well what I am suppose to say. She then gave me the choice of who I should see and said she will contact them to contact me. Off I went in shock and tears streaming down my face. I began searching frantically on the internet about a thickening in the nucleal fold and what this meant. I then begin researching about Down Syndrome. I then began to talk to a few people and that was the best thing I ever did was actually talk to some people who were so great to comfort me and tell me stories of how their sister or someone they knew who went through the same thing and everything was alright. So after a week of emotional distress and then a week of a peaceful calm feeling I finally had my Doctors apt. yesterday. The specialist were great. They had good news for me too. They concluded from the ultrasound and the measurements they got from the nucleal fold were within normal range. The baby was in the high normal, but still normal range! They said if I was comfortable with that then I did not need to do any more testing. I said I was comfortable with their readings and did not want to do any more tests. They will have me back at 19 weeks to do a follow up ultrasound as the baby continues to develop. Thanks for those who have been praying for us and thinking of us at this time. Your thoughts and prayers have helped me emotionally feel at peace. Please continue to pray for us that I and the baby will continue to be well through the rest of the pregnancy. Thanks and much love-Kristin
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
15 comments:
So excited to hear the great news. We are thrilled for your little one to arrive in March. Can't wait to add another grandchild to the many in the Kelly family!!
Congrats! I don't know if you check out my blog much, but Chad and I are having number two on March 7th. I'm really glad you have been feeling pretty good and that everything is looking well. Good luck, it is an interesting ride.
Congrats! I am glad everything is now going well, too bad they had you scared!
So glad you made your announcement "official"! :) Ever since you guys called I have been wondering how everything has been going. We are so, so excited for you guys!!!
Little neice, on my birthday, Little neice, on my birthday, Little neice, on my birthday, ---March 10th!!! :)
I wanted to call you to give you another "comforting" story. I've heard many like that. Frustrating--but so glad that you received good news.
Love you both--looking forward to December 26th. :)
Congrats!!!! We're so happy and excited for you both. Glad to hear that you're feeling well. Any weird food cravings yet? Mine was Totino's pizza. Not a good craving to have. Keep us posted.
Congrats! That's very exciting! I'm glad everything turned out well. I love how they say stuff like, "Not to alarm you..." Do they remember they're talking to emotional, pregnant ladies? For the love! :)
Hooray! I'm so excited for you! That is great news, and hope everything goes well during the pregnancy. March is such a great birthday month :)
Hooray! I'm so excited for you! That is great news, and hope everything goes well during the pregnancy. March is such a great birthday month :)
We are very excited for you. You have been in our thoughts and prayers often as of late. I'm hoping you have a girl so there is another girl cousin close to Macey and Eva.
Jacob
I was so excited to see that it is official! We are thrilled. She/he will be joining the illustrious group of March birthdays in our family. Now you will get to wear that cute swim suit in Hawaii.
I loved the pictures of the State Fair. We have such good memories of that.
Glad things are going well
Love to you both Kathleen/Mom Rose
Congratulations!!!
I am so happy you felt the peace from all those prayers we were sending out for you. I am so excited for you to be a mommy, it's the best. Congrats!
Congratulations! We are very excited for you two.
Congrats! I saw your link through Tracie's blog and thought I'd see how you were doing. Best wishes! Being a mom is great, I know you'll love it. Hope everything else is going well for you guys!
Post a Comment